Click Here to Complete the Application
Click Here to Complete the Credit Check Consent Form
Please complete both the application and credit check consent form and return by email, mail, or drop off at any of our locations. You can also stop
by any office for a physical copy of the application and credit check consent form.
Employment Opportunity Contact:
Sara Beth Kelham
Retail Banking Intern
Job Title: Retail Banking Intern
Reports: Retail Officer
Hours: 20-25 hours weekly
- College Sophomore, Junior or Senior working towards a bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or Communications
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite
Specific Job Functions:
- Performs duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Branch Manager in the Assistant Branch Managers absence.
- Balances vault, audits and balances branch’s teller sheets, and balances ATM
- Maintains knowledge of branch policies and procedures with respect to approving check and overrides
- Answer phones-direct call to the appropriate staff according to customer needs and take message as needed.
- Answers customer inquiries and assists customers with other account issues such as reconciling their checking and savings accounts.
Receives checks and cash for deposits to customer’s account, verifies amounts, examines checks proper endorsement, and enters deposits into
computer records. Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amount to computer-generated proof sheets. Reports any
discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Assists tellers in locating discrepancies by balancing teller debit & credit tickets, auditing teller tapes and teller sheets.
Provides a complete range of customer services, including opening new accounts and selling services, explaining available financial institution
products and services, and gathering customer information to process accounts.
- Performs a variety of customer service activities, such as account holds, stop-payment orders, direct deposits, and check confirmation.
Maintains local community’s annual event checking and savings accounts, balances monthly statements, and recaps event’s income/expense
- Prepare and learn needed skills for future leadership roles.
- Participates in activities for generating new business such as sales calls and special events.
- Assist in other area of the financial institution as needed.
Garrett State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer