Click Here to Complete the Application
Please complete both the application and credit check consent form and return by email, mail, or drop off at any of our locations. You can also stop by any office for a physical copy of the application and credit check consent form.
Employment Opportunity Contact:
Sara Beth Kelham
Job Title: Part-Time Teller
Reports: Retail Banking Officer/Branch Manager
Hours: 20-25 hours per week including at least 2-3 Saturdays per month
- Completed High School Diploma or actively pursing
- 1+ years’ experience interacting with people or customers
- Cash handling experience
- Responsible for comprehensive, prompt, and efficient customer transactions.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amount to computer-generated proof sheets. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary
- Cash checks from a variety of accounts upon proper verification.
- Receive checks and cash for deposits to account, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Receive mortgage, consumer loan and other payments.
- Assist with the night deposits and mail.
- Issue cashier checks and money orders
- Answer phones-direct call to the appropriate staff according to customer needs and take message as needed.
- Cross-sell financial institution services such as safe deposit boxes, ATM cards, on-line banking, bill pay, mobile banking etc.
- Answer customer inquiries and assists customers with other account issues including electronic services.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc. Always keep area neat and orderly.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Retail Banking Officer or by management.
Garrett State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer