Please complete both the application and credit check consent form and return by email, mail, or drop off at any of our locations. You can also stop by any office for a physical copy of the application and credit check consent form.
Employment Opportunity Contact:
Sara Beth Kelham
Loan Doc Prep
Job Title: Loan Doc Prep (Full time)
Department: Main Office
Reports: Loan Processor/V.P. of Lending
Hours: 40 hours
Enters loan data into financial institution computer system with appropriate updating; assembles, creates and verifies loan documents for accuracy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with previous office experience
- Successful completion of in-house training program or approved outside training program.
- Good understanding of financial institution products and services.
- Positive attitude with good communication and public relations skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Able to multi task several things at once.
- Able to pay close attention to detail and is organized.
- Prior processing experience and a college education a plus.
Specific Job Functions:
- Provides administrative assistance to Loan Officers and staff, including updating loan data for entry into the financial institution’s computers and preparing and assembling documentation for loans.
- Ensures that loan files contain documents with proper signatures, dates and other relevant data.
- Assembles and verifies accuracy of loan documentation.
- Checks documents for proper vesting, legal descriptions, closing dates and signatures.
- Maintains new and paid loan files. Performs a variety of clerical duties requiring knowledge of departmental procedures. Uses office computers for data input and other activities, and orders credit reports.
- Answers telephone and written inquiries concerning loan processing and information.
- Cross-markets financial institution products and services as appropriate.
- Assist in other area of the financial institution as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and is a problem solver.
Garrett State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer